This recipe came neatly sorted in a box from Hello Fresh.
Baked Chicken with Sour Cream and Crispy Panko
- 24oz chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
- 1/2 cup plain panko
- 6 Tbsp sour cream (rough estimate, let taste preference be your judge)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp chili powder (or less, again, this is a preference thing)
- olive oil, salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. If you are cooking the sweet potatoes too, pop them in the oven just before your put the chicken in the oven.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the crushed or minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Toss in the panko, toast it, but quickly turn off the heat. Season with the chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts on a slightly oiled baking sheet. Spread sour cream on the top side of each breast. Season with salt and pepper. Press the panko mixture into the sour cream. Put in the oven for about 20 minutes (start checking the meat temp at around 15 minutes).
This chicken is surprisingly moist and flavorful. Enjoy!