Ingredients serves 2
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 sweet potato, about 1/2lb (Japanese sweet potato recommended)
- 1 purple top turnip (8oz)
- 2 scallions, white part only
- 1/4 cup sweet white miso paste
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp spice blend that includes white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, kibbled nori, and aleppo pepper)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Prep the vegetables. Thinly slice the scallions on an angle, separating the white bottoms from the green tops. Remove and discard the kale stems; roughly chop the leaves. Cut the turnip and potato into 1/4-inch rounds.
- Mix together the miso paste and 1/4 cup of water.
- Place the sweet potato and turnip on a sheet pan and drizzle with the miso-water mixture. Toss thoroughly to coat. Arrange in an even layer and roast, stirring halfway through, 20 to 22 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Combine the kale, sesame oil, white bottoms of the scallions, roasted vegetables, and spice blend. Season with salt and pepper.
Original recipe from Blue Apron.