My friend Christina brought this salad to a party last weekend and I begged for the recipe. It’s just so good! She made the paleo diet version (no quinoa), but I added the quinoa to make it a bit more substantial (for a light lunch)– either way it’s quite tasty.
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch (or so) pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into cubes
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup quinoa (optional)
- mint leaves, handful (optional)
- Cook the quinoa as per package directions (I like the pasta-type method, pot of boiling water, 15 minutes, drain and done). Set aside to cool (spread on a baking sheet).
- Steam asparagus for 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Mix together in a large bowl all the ingredients. Enjoy!