This is my new favorite salad dressing. It takes a few minutes to put together, but then you have this delightful sweet (but not overly sweet) and healthy vinaigrette.
Directions (Quantities here are pretty flexible, so experiment with it.)
In a blender, add the following and blend until smooth:
- Pomegranate seeds, about half a pomegranate
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed apple juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 – 4 fresh basil leaves (more if the leaves are tiny)
- 2 tsp honey
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp or less mustard (Dijon or powdered)
- a generous palmful of flat leaf parsley
This dressing goes well with shredded Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced apples, and crumbled blue cheese.