So easy and so good, this recipe is also a Hello Fresh success. Made is under half an hour, this is a great, inexpensive, healthy, and delicious dish. Add rice and beans to make the meal feel more complete.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 12 oz of tilapia
- 6 tortillas
- 1 red grapefruit, segmented, juice reserved
- 4 oz of slices red cabbage (about half a cabbage), thinly sliced
- 1 avocado
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 oz cilantro (a healthy handful)
- olive oil, salt and pepper
- Make the cabbage slaw by adding the grapefruit juice to the sliced cabbage and shallots. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss with the cilantro leaves. Allow to marinate while cooking the fish. You may add the grapefruit segments now or directly onto the tacos (same with the avocado slices).
- Liberally salt, pepper, and add the cumin to the tilapia. Slice the fish into 1-inch strips. Cook on a large, oiled pan, medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Assemble warmed tortillas, sliced fish, and the cabbage slaw. Either add slices of avocado and grapefruit at the end or toss into the slaw.