Makes about 15 pancakes.
These maple pecan pancakes are adapted from a Martha Rose Shulman recipe. They are absolutely delicious. I made several changes based on the type of ingredients I generally have on hand.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- whole milk to thin batter (use your judgement)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Stir together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients and add the pecans. Don’t over mix.
- Bake on a nonstick griddle.
This was delicious! I mean really, really delicious. The chicken was so moist, the sauce spot on, and the meal was perfect. Admittedly, I haven’t found the Instant Pot nearly as fast as advertised. You will still need to chop and saute, but, and this is key, for this meal, it is totally worth it.
Original recipe source: My Heart Beets Blog
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless chicken thighs cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp butter (or ghee if you have it– I also added a dollop of coconut oil when my pot seemed dry during sauteing)
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1″ ginger, minced
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (I left this out because I didn’t have any and the sauce was perfect)
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped into large pieces
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup coconut cream
- Saute the onion in the Instant Pot with the butter for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger, shortly followed by the spices.
- The original recipe suggests searing the chicken at this point. I skipped this step and my chicken was moist and delicious.
- Add the tomato sauce and pepper.
- Lock the Instant Pot and set to “Poultry” (the default time is 15 minutes).
- Allow the pressure to release naturally (or quick release after a few minutes).
- Stir in coconut cream and serve with Basmati rice.
This was my very first Instant Pot meal (made the day the impressively large box arrived at my home) and only my second attempt at making dried beans. Although it wasn’t amazing, I would definitely call it a success.
Ingredients serves an army as a side
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 cups dried black beans (no need to soak)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 diced onion
- 3-4 minced cloves garlic
- 9 cups of water
- Place rice, beans, onion, garlic, water, salt, and bay leaf in the Instant Pot insert.
- Set on manual for 28 minutes (be aware that it may take 15 minutes to reach pressure).
- Allow natural steam release, at least for 20 minutes, then you can help it along.
- I went basic (I was feeding a 2 year old) and just threw cheddar cheese on top, but sour cream, a squirt of lime, and sliced avocado would be a great addition. You could certainly use this for a soft taco or similar.
This is quite literally the best French toast I have ever made. It is rich, decadent, custardy, and the only French toast recipe I will ever return to. There’s nothing quite as sweet as starting a Sunday splitting French toast with your toddler. Life is good.
- 10 slices of bread
- 4 large eggs, whisked vigorously
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 4 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- Mix together the ingredients.
- Let the bread really soak up the wet ingredients.
- Cook on griddle for 3+ minutes per side.
These sweet potato fries are delicious and they are baked. My one year old thoroughly enjoys them and so do I. Plus, they’re easy!
- 24 oz sweet potatoes
- olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes into sticks (like French fries).
- Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread the potato onto a baking sheet. Try not to overcrowd the pan. Spread into a single layer.
- Bake, stirring halfway through, for 25 minutes.
This recipe came neatly sorted in a box from Hello Fresh.
Baked Chicken with Sour Cream and Crispy Panko
- 24oz chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
- 1/2 cup plain panko
- 6 Tbsp sour cream (rough estimate, let taste preference be your judge)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp chili powder (or less, again, this is a preference thing)
- olive oil, salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. If you are cooking the sweet potatoes too, pop them in the oven just before your put the chicken in the oven.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the crushed or minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Toss in the panko, toast it, but quickly turn off the heat. Season with the chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts on a slightly oiled baking sheet. Spread sour cream on the top side of each breast. Season with salt and pepper. Press the panko mixture into the sour cream. Put in the oven for about 20 minutes (start checking the meat temp at around 15 minutes).
This chicken is surprisingly moist and flavorful. Enjoy!
So easy and so good, this recipe is also a Hello Fresh success. Made is under half an hour, this is a great, inexpensive, healthy, and delicious dish. Add rice and beans to make the meal feel more complete.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 12 oz of tilapia
- 6 tortillas
- 1 red grapefruit, segmented, juice reserved
- 4 oz of slices red cabbage (about half a cabbage), thinly sliced
- 1 avocado
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 oz cilantro (a healthy handful)
- olive oil, salt and pepper
- Make the cabbage slaw by adding the grapefruit juice to the sliced cabbage and shallots. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss with the cilantro leaves. Allow to marinate while cooking the fish. You may add the grapefruit segments now or directly onto the tacos (same with the avocado slices).
- Liberally salt, pepper, and add the cumin to the tilapia. Slice the fish into 1-inch strips. Cook on a large, oiled pan, medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Assemble warmed tortillas, sliced fish, and the cabbage slaw. Either add slices of avocado and grapefruit at the end or toss into the slaw.