This was delicious! I mean really, really delicious. The chicken was so moist, the sauce spot on, and the meal was perfect. Admittedly, I haven’t found the Instant Pot nearly as fast as advertised. You will still need to chop and saute, but, and this is key, for this meal, it is totally worth it.
Original recipe source: My Heart Beets Blog
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless chicken thighs cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp butter (or ghee if you have it– I also added a dollop of coconut oil when my pot seemed dry during sauteing)
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1″ ginger, minced
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (I left this out because I didn’t have any and the sauce was perfect)
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped into large pieces
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup coconut cream
- Saute the onion in the Instant Pot with the butter for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger, shortly followed by the spices.
- The original recipe suggests searing the chicken at this point. I skipped this step and my chicken was moist and delicious.
- Add the tomato sauce and pepper.
- Lock the Instant Pot and set to “Poultry” (the default time is 15 minutes).
- Allow the pressure to release naturally (or quick release after a few minutes).
- Stir in coconut cream and serve with Basmati rice.