This is quite literally the best French toast I have ever made. It is rich, decadent, custardy, and the only French toast recipe I will ever return to. There’s nothing quite as sweet as starting a Sunday splitting French toast with your toddler. Life is good.
- 10 slices of bread
- 4 large eggs, whisked vigorously
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 4 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- Mix together the ingredients.
- Let the bread really soak up the wet ingredients.
- Cook on griddle for 3+ minutes per side.