I picked this recipe up during an excellent cooking class at The Institute of Culinary Education in NYC.
- 2 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp minced crystallized ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. [The following is for mashed potatoes, but you can also bake the topping and make the topping– totally delicious!)
- Set salted water to boil. Meanwhile, peel and chop potatoes. Boil until tender.
- Mash potatoes (I use a Kitchen-Aid Mixer, but use whatever you have).
- Add everything else. Mix thoroughly.
- Put in oven proof dish, cover with foil, and bake for 20 – 30 minutes.