Go straight to the source: 101 Cookbooks (her images are stunning!)
Ingredients for the hummus
- 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 can (16 oz.) garbanzo beans
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of one lemon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
Ingredients for the pita chips
- 2 pitas (or more), split in half (I usually use whole wheat)
- olive oil (enough to brush over top of split pitas
- sumac (enough to sprinkle liberally over oiled pitas)
- za’atar spice (enough to sprinkle liberally over oiled pitas)
Directions for pita chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Split pitas in half, place on tray. Brush oil on, sprinkle with spices (za’atar is a combo of thyme, sumac, sea salt, and sesame seeds), and pop in oven.
- Check periodically. Remove when crispy. Allow to cool slightly, then rip into small chips. Done and delicious!
Directions for hummus
- Toast the walnuts and then throw them in a food processor until sandy.
- Add everything else. Process until desired texture.
- Add water until desired consistency. Salt to taste.
That’s it. Super easy. Quite tasty.
If this serves 10, it’s 3 WW points for a hummus serving and 2 or 3 WW points for half the pita chips.